We regularly use frozen strawberries in smoothies and yogurt. When they are in season, we buy 10 to 12 pounds at a time, for a great price, to flash freeze. Our frozen strawberries are less expensive than the ones we buy at the store, taste better, and have a firmer consistency.
The whole process is very simple:
- Wash and core strawberries.
- Cut into pieces (halves or quarters depending on what size you’d like to achieve.).
- Spread in a single layer on a cookie sheet with sides. We line ours with a baking mat to help with removal of the strawberries after freezing.
- Freeze until solid.
- Remove from cookie sheets and place in zip loc bags.
- Store in freezer until use.
Trusting in Jesus,
“And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed,
and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself,
upon the earth: and it was so.” (Genesis 1:11)