For some time I’ve had it on my heart to encourage families who have the desire to raise children to live debt-free lives. From my discussions with people, I believe the vast majority of Christians today are burdened down with debt. They believe it is just a fact of life – unavoidable.They have labored for years under the weight of it, not thinking it is possible to live without it. Praise God there are some who desire and are committed to something better for their children. If that is your desire, this series is for you.
I recently asked those who receive the Seriously Dads’ email if they were committed to raising their children to be debt-free. My purpose was to reply to them directly and encourage them. However, too many responded for me to dialog with each individually. To give you an idea, however, of the mindset of today’s conservative Christians, ONLY 2% replied that they are committed to this endeavor for their children. That grieves my heart not in any sort of condemnation, but because of the bondage they are experiencing and the freedom in life they are missing.
Still, I was encouraged that many responded that they are committed to raising their children to be debt-free. That also meant I needed to find another way of corresponding with you. I realized we could do it via the blog and for those who wished could sign up to receive the blog via email (see the right side bar). That is why the addition of a new topic thread to the titus2.com blog.
What to expect, (Lord willing):
- Hope! Hope is the essential, beginning point for commitment and achievement.
- Practical ideas and resources that build upon that hope.
- Encouragement. One brother shared how all his friends were suggesting that he get a mortgage and that it was a ridiculous idea to try to save for a house. This will be a “place” of encouragement.
- A place for you to be involved. You can respond via e-mail (not by comments), give me your thoughts on questions, share your heart, and ask questions. (If you wish to respond, you can do so via our Contact Form or replying to a Seriously email.)
- God’s grace. He gives it bountifully when we seek to follow Him.
- Life in Christ, Who is the Hope of the world, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
Share these posts with others who you believe are open to living debt-free and/or raising their children that way. Even though you may be surrounded by those thinking it isn’t possible, why not help them escape “Egypt” with you? Create your own encouragement community around you.
Question: What do you think are foundational aspects for someone to be debt-free?
Thank you for being a part. Please pray for us as we pray for you.
(Also, WordPress automatically adds what it considers as related posts below.)
Trusting in Christ alone,