Our family is thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ. How does one adequately express their feelings to the One Who gave His life for ours to save us from hell? His sacrifice is a gift, and it’s offered to those who will receive Him. Romans 5:8: “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
After four years of each person sharing things they were grateful for on Thanksgiving, I decided to change things. Using a random drawing, I paired people up. Now you’ll hear what they’re grateful for about another family member.
All pictures haven’t previously been seen on the blog and were taken in Colorado this August.
Dad (by John)
- I am grateful for Dad’s business knowledge. Not only has he tremendously helped my business, but he has also coached many other business owners—helping them to be very successful.
- I am thankful Dad is my dad. He is generous, loving, encouraging, and patient. He loves the Lord and always puts his family first.
Mom (by Mary)
- I am so thankful for who Mom is in my life. She is always ready to listen, give a hug, or offer a word of encouragement.
- She has a very big heart for the Lord. Although I often hear her talking about what the Lord has been doing in her life, she also shows it with her heart to serve, memorize Scripture, and pray.
Sarah (by Jesse)
- I’m grateful for Sarah’s willingness to help out whenever she sees a need. She recognizes opportunities and is quick to jump in and assist with whatever may be going on.
- I’m thankful that Sarah takes so many great pictures. I think she does a great job posting some of them and saving them all for memories. She has learned a lot about how cameras work and takes some wonderful pictures.
John (by Sarah)
- I’m grateful for John’s genuine servant’s heart. Even if he’s busy, he’ll notice a need and cheerfully jump right in to meet it, regardless of the inconvenience to him personally.
- I’m grateful for John’s love of little children. He values them and enjoys spending time with his nieces and nephews.
Anna (by Mom)
- I am very grateful for Anna’s beautiful servant’s spirit. She is always willing to help, and sometimes that means sacrificing what she would most like to do.
- I am also grateful for Anna’s joyful yet steady, levelheaded personality that allows her to remain calm and encouraging even in difficult situations.
Jesse (by Dad)
I’m encouraged and grateful for Jesse’s love for and quick understanding of Scripture. He’s a delightful participant in our family Bible time.
I’m grateful Jesse has a love and concern for the unborn and unloved which is reflective of our Lord’s heart.
Mary (by Anna)
I’m grateful for Mary’s love. Whether it’s a kind word, positive outlook, lending a cheerful hand, or just sharing Jesus—Mary has a very soft spot of love that touches everyone she’s around.
I’m thankful for Mary’s diligence and commitment. She determinedly jumps into opportunities whether difficult, tedious, easy, or enjoyable with her whole heart.
“And let the peace of God rule in your hearts,
to the which also ye are called in one body;
and be ye thankful.”