As it has become a yearly tradition, the Maxwell Family would like to share several things we feel especially blessed with. To give a slightly different twist, though, we’re prefacing it with the top three items we’re ALL thankful for.
Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ
Steve (Dad), and Teri (Mom)
I’m thankful for our challenges and needs so I can bring them to my Lord and see His hand at work in our lives.
I’m thankful for brothers and sisters in Christ that God had allowed us to work alongside and fellowship with.
I’m thankful for our church.
I’m thankful our nation still protects freedom to worship Jesus Christ.
- The number eleven (ask Joshua why).
- God’s faithfulness for 40 years of marriage.
- God’s grace through 30 years of homeschooling and bringing us to the end.
- God’s mercy and strength that draws our adult children to walk faithfully with Him.
- God’s allowing our family to share with others and encourage them in the reality of a walk with Jesus in family life.
- God’s provision for our family during the 10+ years of Titus2 being our only support.
Nathan, and his wife, Melanie,
and precious family of 3 girls and 1 boy
- My work—both consulting and teaching
- My chickens and all that we’ve learned from them
- Workout buddies (Jesse and John)
- Andrew’s safe arrival
- For a good recovery post-Andrew
- Getting to go visit my sister out of state
- That I’m a Christian!
- That I’m a Christian!
- Germ-X (smile: folks, this is unedited, and she was in the van when they were working on their list, so she probably saw the Germ-X bottle ;))
- My “people people” (translation: Fisher Price Loving Family)
Christopher, and his wife Anna Marie,
and his sweet family of 1 boy and 1 girl and ?
- Talking with Joshua about his day before he goes to bed each night.
- Ruthanne’s adorable smiles: her eyes sparkle and her whole face lights up.
- The health that God has blessed us with.
- The contagious delight and enthusiasm our children have for learning new things.
- The frequent kicks and activity I’m feeling from the new baby developing inside (so looking forward to meeting him/her sometime in March, Lord willing!).
- The freedom we have to worship God in our country.
Helicopters and airplanes
Bass and harmonica
- I’m grateful for God’s gentle patience and grace in my life.
- I’m grateful for you all: you truly bless me!
- I’m grateful for the inspiration and ability to write stories which glorify Jesus Christ.
- I’m grateful for opportunities to be Jesus’ light in a dark world.
- Mint chocolate (especially mint M&Ms!).
Joseph, and his wife, Elissa
- Courtship, engagement and marriage to precious and amazing Elissa: the love of my life.
- People who stand up against the murder of innocent little babies.
- Those who stand in harm’s way to protect us
- The amazing months of marriage that my beloved husband and I have enjoyed.
- Good health
- Our happy home, where I can be a homemaker
- My husband’s job
- Cooking fresh food on my gas stove
- Purple flowers
A warm house
New experiences and opportunities
Liberty and peace in our country
Ham and crispy bacon
My workout buddies
- I’m thankful for our family prayer times. I love the times that we have together praying.
- I am super thankful for a home that is filled with love and peace where Jesus is the focus.
- Playing music with my siblings I’m grateful for because of all the experiences that come with it.
- Bethany, my niece, (well, I am super thankful for all of them, but this part is extra sweet!) who wanted to learn to read because she wanted to read the Bible and her mom who is such a good teacher!
- For a little icing on the cake—cookie dough ;).
- Our church and pastor
- My loving family
- Really good chefs in our house
- Three computer monitors
- Governor Brownback
- 88 black and white keys
- Snow (when applicable)
Very grateful for God’s beautiful creation! All the mountains, deserts, and ocean, and the privilege to see them.
A huge thanks to Mom who poured her life into me for all the years she homeschooled me!
Our pastor, Dad. He does such an amazing job each week delivering a powerful message.
I’m thankful for music, and the ability to play with the family.
And for all life’s simple pleasures like baking — especially with a sister.
“I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel:
my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
I have set the LORD always before me:
because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth:
my flesh also shall rest in hope.”