We’re on our next-to-last post on the unposted pictures. I marvel as I look back over the pictures and all the Lord brought us through. Several things that I want to praise the Lord for:
- The Lord’s protection over the bus. We have to get into some very tight, tight areas, and never has the bus become stuck or Daddy not been able to get the bus out of an area.
- The “small” answered prayers. We were supposed to park the bus at a family’s home near Federal Way, but as we approached the driveway, we could see there was no way the bus could manage the driveway with the low tree branches. We had been looking forward to spending time at this family’s home, and one small detail was going to be catching up on laundry! The gracious family also offered us their Suburban to use if we needed it. It ended up that we drove back to the church to park (with the church’s permission), and then the next morning, Dad dropped part of the family off at a laundromat, and the rest of us went to run a needed errand.
- We made it semi-uneventfully through the border! It had been a busy week, and I was still working on our border paperwork as we drove to the border late that Thursday evening. Jesse put on a head lamp and very kindly helped work through it, and with the curvy roads and the late night, my stomach wasn’t feeling well, so it was such a blessing to have his help! Even though the bus was given a thorough search (sorry, no pictures of that!), my paperwork went through great, and we were on our way around 3 a.m.–one tired bunch of Maxwells!
- Our time in Canada was so blessed. Hearts were very open and receptive to what was shared, and from what we’ve heard, lives will never be the same again. Praise the Lord! We felt very welcome there!
- Mary became sick with the flu that Sunday, and our minds drifted to what would happen if we all came down with it. Truly, it was a miracle, and thank YOU all for praying–no one else got it! And, you know in the small, enclosed space we’re in, that REALLY was a miracle.
- A family in Canada let us park our bus at their house, and it was delightful to have internet access, laundry, and a beautiful view!
- As a special treat, the Lord allowed us to see the dolphins on our ferry ride back. Yes, our Lord cares about even the small details.
“When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?” (Psalms 8:3-4).