I could have titled this post “no news is good news” but I’m kinda attached to the “BabyMax dot” format.Â 🙂 Â I guess my IT background sneaks in.
Melanie is still in the hospital but no baby has arrived. We are so grateful for God’s working. Back at week 26 it didn’t seem possible that we’d ever make it to 28 weeks, let alone part way through 29.
Melanie’s care has changed to more of long term ob. We’re praying that she will be released and not have to stay here till Baby comes. But, we also want what is best for this child and are seeking Gods direction.
There are a lot of inconveniences associated with this hospital stay. But they pale in comparison with the benefit we believe this child is getting from these added weeks in the womb.
- That Baby seems to be doing well. Monitors show a great heart rate and lots of movement.
- That Melanie continues to have a positive outlook and be accepting of her bedrest.
- That Melanie’s family continues to be available to help with keeping her company during the day.
- That baby’s position has changed to one that is much more conducive to birth! This is a direct answer to prayer!
- For Baby’s health, strength, and sustaining.
- That the contractions she has off and on will be more of the off than the on, and that they won’t progress labor.
In closing, thank you for your comments of encouragement and prayer support. We love this child and greatly desire the chance to raise and nurture him/her. We are working to give our fears to Jesus and trust Him. These days are not dark and scary, we’re content where He has us and looking to Him for daily direction.
Nathan, Melanie, and BabyMax